IT Project Manager
Airnet Group is seeking a Project Manager with 3-5 years of experience managing IT projects or in a support role on IT projects. Candidates can be based in Chattanooga, TN, Atlanta, GA, or Tallahassee, FL.
Description of Typical Duties:
- Manage large projects with complex scope, multiple streams of work, and interdependencies.
- Lead cross-functional project teams that may include: Infrastructure Specialists, Business Analysts, Developers, QA, Systems Administrators, cross-functional Business Partners and Vendors.
- Develop project plans with all project stakeholders involved and gain management approval prior to execution.
- Create and/or manage project budgets.
- Proactively manage scope, scheduling, risk variables, change management, status updates and alignment with all project stakeholders.
- Instills a sense of urgency reflecting the goals for the current project activities and milestones.
- Identifies resource/risk conflicts that could impact schedule and budget to project stakeholders and works to resolve.
- For each risk, establishes Mitigations and Contingency Plans with clearly-defined deliverables, a completion timeline, the names of those responsible, review dates, etc.
- Schedules and attends routine and other project team meetings. Drafts correspondence to stakeholders, including team meeting agendas and minutes.
- Responsible for completing all project documentation utilizing Cherwell and/or Microsoft Project.
- Perform project completion summaries producing historical team metrics compared to forecasted plans.
- Continually develops the “relevant lessons learned” database from all projects and shares with all Team members.
- Three-five years of experience as an IT project manager, or in a support role on IT projects.
- Experience with enterprise-wide IT system projects required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining risk management plans, and developing and gaining consensus for key project decisions.
- Experience with Cherwell, MindManager, and/or Microsoft Project preferred.
- Willing to travel 20-30%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Certification/Licensure: Project Management Institute certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Risk Management Professional (RMP) preferred but not required.